Acrodur®– Ecotechnology by BASF
Our water-based Acrodur® products are innovative, low-emission alternatives to conventional formaldehyde-based resins such as phenol, melamine or urea resins.
Under its Acrodur® brand, BASF offers innovative binders to reinforce natural, glass and synthetic fibers as well as cork and other particles. The purely water-based products from the Acrodur® family are a low-emission alternative to traditional formaldehyde-based urea, melamine or phenolic resins. Due to its outstanding binding properties Acrodur® enables to produce high-quality products for the automotive, furniture and construction industry.
Benefits of Acrodur®
Excellent profile of properties
- Outstanding binder properties
- High thermomechanical stability
Very good compatibility with flame retardants, pigments and fillers
- Suitable for natural, glass and synthetic fibers as well as for particle bonding
Helps to promote sustainability
- Water-based alternative to conventional formaldehyde - based resins
- Minimized emissions during processing as well as in the final product
- Enables a high percentage of natural fibers in lightweight components
Wide processing options
- Suitable for foulard, curtain-coating and blow-line impregnation as well as for spray application
- Usable in established thermoplastic and thermoset shaping process