How we’re contributing to a sustainable chemical industry
We specialize in helping our customers overcome their challenges. Without a doubt, the greatest challenge of our time is climate change. It is our responsibility to do what it takes to make our industry function within planetary boundaries, and to reach carbon-neutrality as soon as we can.
At BASF, our strategic focus on sustainability starts with our own organization. We have made robust CO2-reduction commitments, including an overall goal to reach net zero by 2050, with an intermediate milestone of a 25% absolute emissions reduction by 2030 (from 2018 baseline, Scope 1 & 2).
We are working across several areas to make the whole value chain more climate-friendly, including:
- Scaling up our use of renewable energy
- Accelerating the development of CO2-free production processes
- Moving towards a circular economy by using recycled and renewable feedstocks
- Measurably saving resources with the Biomass Balance concept
- Adopting more sustainable transport solutions
- Working with our suppliers and partners to decrease emissions along the value chain
- Delivering transparency to our customers with cradle-to-grave Product Carbon Footprints for our portfolio
As we push forward on our path towards climate neutrality, we are determined to make sustainable benefits available to all our customers at the same time.
Therefore, we are pleased to announce a web seminar dedicated to sustainability topics. Here, you can learn from BASF’s experts on how our key CO2 reduction, circularity and sustainable transport solutions work, and have the chance to ask questions and gain insight for your business.
To save your place in the web seminar, just use the timelink here.