BASF resins and additives increase the effectiveness and performance properties of solvent- and water-based as well as energy-curable inks. We offer raw materials suitable for use in different ink systems for flexographic and gravure to offset and screen printing. Combined with industry experience and technical knowledge, we enable you to formulate the desired performance properties into your inks.
Often, product packaging attracts consumers, strengthens branding and enables differentiation. BASF offers a wide range of resins and additives to enhance the structural quality and color of all types of flexible and rigid packaging.
We understand the performance challenges you face with your customers, such as product quality and consistency, resistance and resolubility, grinding efficiency and color strength, low VOC and food-contact compliance. That is why we develop innovative solutions that address a multitude of these performance attributes.
Adapting to your application
- Flexible packaging: BASF offers a full range of water-based and energy-curable solutions, suitable for both surface and reverse printing on different film substrates (Joncryl® FLX product line).
- Paper & Paperboard: BASF offers products for flexographic, gravure and digital applications with ink formulations adapted to your needs for resistance properties, gloss enhancement, paper curl reduction, printability and resolubility.
- Corrugated Board: The Joncryl® range enables efficient printing on corrugated board, reducing the amount of binder and thus cost in use.
- Pigment dispersions: Our comprehensive range of dispersants and resins enables you to prepare dispersions for printing inks with high color strength, compatibility and stability in an efficient grinding process. Our highly efficient grinding solutions from the Joncryl® HPD range promote outstanding colour development, gloss and transparency in printing inks for corrugated, paper board and film.
- BASF offers additionally a broad portfolio of formulation additives for water-, solvent-based and UV ink systems.